Dr. Martin, principal of Martin Thermal Engineering Inc., has served as consulting and/or testifying expert on approximately 350 cases. Below are several examples of projects and issues he has addressed in the area of Manufacturing Facility Safety Assessment.
- Cement Plant Solid Fuel Safety Assessment. Reviewed safety standards and evaluated technical solutions related to combustible dust explosion prevention, detection, suppression, and mitigation for a cement plant seeking to implement new wood dust fuel firing system.
- Solar Energy Biomass Processing Safety Assessment. Reviewed safety standards and provided consultation on combustible dust explosion prevention, detection, suppression, and mitigation for a solar energy plant seeking to implement new process for converting biomass to synfuel.
- Solid Fuel Stove Product Assessment. Reviewed standards and provided consultation to product development team on combustion efficiency and safety for a manufacturer seeking to introduce new biomass-fueled heater for commercial agricultural operations.
- Metallurgical Coke Process Safety Assessment. Reviewed safety standards and provided consultation to Process Hazard Assessment team on combustible dust and fuel gas explosion prevention and mitigation for a metallurgical plant seeking to implement new process for converting coal to coke.
- Baking Oven Fire Protection Assessment. Reviewed causation pathways, and prevention, detection, and suppression options to improve oven fire protection options at a baked goods factory.